View Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies and procedures La Trobe Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The La Trobe Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches.
- Car Parking PolicyThis policy outlines the role of Infrastructure and Operations, Security and Traffic Divisions in the effective and safe administration of the provision of parking.
- Charter of Student Rights and ResponsibilitiesThis Charter outlines student rights and responsibilities and recognises that higher education is a partnership between the University and its students, based upon principles of cooperation and development.
- Child Safety Code of ConductThe Child Safety Code of Conduct outlines the child safe principles and expectations for appropriate behaviour towards and in the company of children.
- Child Safety PolicyThis Policy and Procedure outlines the University's commitment to the protection and wellbeing of children in accordance with the Child Safe Standards.
- Children on Campus PolicyThis policy and procedure recognises that parents and carers may occasionally bring their children into work and teaching environments on campus.
- Code of ConductThis is the Code of Conduct.
- Collection and Receiving of Money PolicyThis policy and procedure outlines the collection and receiving of money so that the University’s cash flow is maintained at a satisfactory level.
- Commemorative Plaques PolicyThis policy and procedure outlines the process to establish a commemorative plaque in honour of former staff members, alumni or friends of La Trobe.
- Company Directors and Officers PolicyThis policy deals with the nomination, remuneration and indemnification of individuals as company directors and officers on behalf of the University.
- Competition and Consumer Law Compliance PolicyThis policy and procedure details the University’s commitment to compliance with the Competition and Consumer Act and includes the relevant consumer protection and unfair business practice provisions contained in the Australian Consumer Law Act.
- Complex Conduct Assessment and Management PolicyThis policy outlines the process for assessing and managing complex student conduct and potential behavioral threats.
- Compliance Management PolicyThis policy and procedure outlines the University's commitment to promote and facilitate excellence in governance and continuing improvement in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Conceded Passes PolicyThis Policy outlines when conceded passes are offered to facilitate progress and course and subject completion.
- Conflict of Interest PolicyThis Policy and its procedures outline the principles applying to actual, potential or perceived conflict of interest and also the process for declaring an actual, potential or perceived conflict of interest.
- Conflict of Interest Procedure - Staff Authored TextsThis Procedure is intended to support academic staff and Colleges in decision-making where a perceived or actual conflict of interest in the use of staff-authored texts may reasonably be anticipated.
- Conscientious Objections PolicyThis policy and procedure is an expression of the University's intention to value the diversity of the ethics, culture and religions of the members of its community and recognises that some students may have conscientious beliefs that conflict with University requirements.
- Conversion of Temporary Grades PolicyThis policy and procedure outlines the use of administrative codes used by the University which are converted to assessment grades normally through action taken by students and/or academic staff.
- Corporate Credit Card PolicyThis policy and procedure outlines the issuing and use of a University Corporate Credit Card.
- Course Advisory Committees PolicyThis policy and procedure outline the establishment, scope and conduct of Course Advisory Committees.
- Course and Subject Management PolicyThis Policy provides a framework for the approval, monitoring and improvement of the University's courses, including their component parts - subjects, majors, minors.
- Course and Subject Management Procedure - Course and Subject ApprovalsThis Procedure sets out the key requirements for the approval of courses and subjects.
- Course and Subject Management Procedure - Course ReviewsThis Procedure intends to streamline and ensure transparency and consistency in the regular review of courses.
- Course and Subject Management Procedure - Subject ReviewsThis Procedure outlines an orderly approach to the review of existing subjects.
- Course Design Guidelines - Subject Minimum Online RequirementsThis is the Course Design Guidelines - Subject Minimum Online Requirements.
- Course Design Guidelines - Subject RulesThis policy and procedure establishes provisions for required an banned combinations of subjects and for subjects with quotas.
- Course Design Guidelines - Subject WorkloadThese are the Course Design Guidelines - Subject Workload.
- Course Design PolicyThis policy provides the overarching principles by which the University’s Undergraduate and Postgraduate coursework programs are designed and delivered.
- Course Design Procedure - Graduate CapabilitiesThis procedure outlines the graduate capabilities which are integrated into courses.
- Course Design Procedure - Teaching Staff QualificationsThis Policy provides the framework by which the University assesses the comparability of professional experience with academic qualifications for teaching staff, where the incumbent or applicant does not possess the usual minimum qualification as defined in the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015.
- Courses and Subjects with Low Enrolments PolicyThis policy and procedure applies to reducing the number of courses and subjects with low student enrolments and the application of exemption categories.
- Credit PolicyThis Policy outlines the principles governing the eligibility and selection of applicants to the University’s postgraduate and undergraduate coursework programs.
- Critical Incident Management PolicyThis policy and procedure details the framework for the critical incident response and disruption management planning and process requirements for the University.
- Current Students Communications PolicyThis policy and procedure sets out the conditions under which the University community will communicate with current students.