View Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies and procedures La Trobe Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The La Trobe Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches.
- Academic Dress PolicyThis policy and procedure provides for the prescription and use of academic dress and establishes core principles governing the use of academic dress.
- Academic Progress Review PolicyThis policy and procedure deals with the conditions and processes adopted by the University to assess the academic progress of enrolled students.
- Academic Promotions PolicyThis policy and procedure informs prospective applicants and the Academic Promotions Committee of the policy and principles underlying the promotion process for academic staff members seeking promotion to Academic levels B, C, D and E at La Trobe University.
- Access to Licenced Electronic Information Resources PolicyThis policy is intended to ensure that licensed electronic information resources for which access through the University network is negotiated by the University Library, are only used in compliance with the licence conditions expressed in the agreements between the University and information providers.
- Admissions PolicyThis Policy outlines the principles and processes governing the eligibility and selection of applicants to the University’s undergraduate and postgraduate coursework courses.
- Admissions ProcedureThis procedure outlines the processes for admission to La Trobe University in accordance with the principles detailed in the Admissions Policy.
- Admissions Procedure - CreditThis procedure details the arrangements under which La Trobe University grants credit towards coursework courses from previous studies or activities in accordance with the Higher Education Standards Framework and the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
- Admissions ScheduleThis is the Admissions Schedule which outlines the general admission requirements.
- Admissions Standard - CreditThis Standard details the application of credit and applies to students enrolling in courses new to them from 1 January 2020.
- Appeals PolicyThis Policy provides the basis through which students may appeal a decision taken by an officer or committee of the University.
- Appointment of Distinguished Professors PolicyThis policy and procedures sets out the process for appointing Distinguished Professors.
- Assessment PolicyThis policy and procedure articulates the University's approach to assessment of student work as a central component of curriculum design.
- Assessment Procedure - Adjustments (including Special Consideration)The procedure outlines when the University allows adjustments to assessment arrangements, marks, and grades.
- Assessment Procedure - ExaminationsThis Procedure establishes the authority, roles and responsibilities for the conduct and management of coursework examinations.
- Assessment Procedure - Validation and ModerationTBC
- Assessment Schedule - Grades and Administrative CodesTBC
- Assessment Standardstbc
- Asset Management PolicyThis policy applies to all purchased, bequeathed or donated assets across the University and its controlled entities. This policy sets out to ensure that all the University’s assets are accounted for on the Fixed Assets Register and managed appropriately in accordance with statutes, regulations, government policies and Accounting Standards.
- Asset Management Procedure - Disposal/SaleThese procedures outline the disposal of University assets to ensure the University operates in accordance with statutes, regulations and government policies.
- Autonomous Sanctions PolicyThis policy and procedure sets out the University's approach and commitment to maintaining compliance with the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) sanctions regimes and Autonomous Sanctions regime.