View Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies and procedures La Trobe Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The La Trobe Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches.
- Re-employment of Redundant Staff PolicyThis policy and procedure sets out the University's position on the re-employment of redundant and retrenched staff members and the process for application to re-employ redundant staff members in exceptional circumstances.
- Recognition of Significant Service and Contributions PolicyThis Policy seeks to provide meaningful opportunities for the recognition of individuals or organisations who have made outstanding contributions and/or delivered honourable service to the University.
- Recognition of Student Organisations PolicyThis policy provides for the recognition of student organisations by the University and establishes core principles for University recognition of student organisations.
- Records and Archives Management PolicyThis policy ensures the University has legislatively compliant record keeping practices.
- Records Management ProcedureThis Procedure deals with the management and maintenance of records.
- Records Procedure - Archives ManagementThis Procedure deals with the management of University Archives.
- Records Procedure - Disposal and TransferThis procedure addresses the disposal and transfer of records.
- Recruitment (Head of Department) ProcedureThis procedure establishes the process for the selection and appointment of the Head of Department position and apply to academic staff in a continuing or fixed-term position at the University.
- Recruitment (Head of School) ProcedureThis procedure establishes the process for the selection and appointment of the Head of School position and apply to academic staff in a continuing or fixed-term position at the University.
- Recruitment (Position Nomenclature) ProcedureThis procedure outlines the framework to ensure that position titles used within the University are consistent and appropriately titled and are applicable to the classification of all positions within the University.
- Recruitment (Pre-Retirement) ProcedureThis procedure has been developed to support continuing staff transition into retirement and to assist La Trobe in implementing effective succession planning.
- Recruitment (Professors of Practice) ProcedureThis procedure explains the process for appointing Professors (level E) or Associate Professors (level D) of Professional Practice in a range of disciplinary areas.
- Recruitment PolicyThis policy and procedure sets out the overarching principles to guide managers in the recruitment process of staff in academic (level A-E) and professional (HEO1-10 and ESMC 1-4) positions.
- Redeployment ProcedureThis procedure applies to academic and professional staff when an employee holds a position that is (or will become) surplus to operational requirements at La Trobe University.
- Relocation Assistance PolicyThis policy and procedure applies to new hires and existing La Trobe staff who are requested to relocate from their primary place of residence in order to take up an academic or professional position.
- Remote Pilot Aircraft PolicyThis Policy has been developed to ensure the operation of Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA), otherwise popularly referred to as â€~dronesâ€™, by all members of University community including staff, students, contractors and visitors is compliant with the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations
- Remuneration and Benefits PolicyThis policy outlines the commitment the University has towards achieving remuneration outcomes which are market competitive, fair, equitable, legally compliant and within the 'capacity to pay' of the University.
- Remuneration and Benefits Procedure - Academic Leadership AllowancesThis procedure provides guidance on the process in determining and applying salary allowances for Academic leadership positions.
- Remuneration and Benefits Procedure - Executive and Senior Management ClassificationThis procedure describes the process undertaken to classify and determine the level of remuneration for executive and senior level positions.
- Remuneration and Benefits Procedure - Performance PayThis procedure ensures consistency, transparency, fairness and equity when applying performance payments for all fixed term and ongoing staff as part of the Career Success Annual Cycle.
- Remuneration and Benefits Procedure - Salary LoadingsThis procedure provides the framework to assist University managers in determining appropriate salary loadings which are sometimes required to be paid in addition to base salaries and direction on the required approval levels.
- Remuneration and Benefits Procedure - Senior Staff Annual Remuneration ReviewThis procedure provides the framework for the annual review of remuneration for University staff employed under a Senior Staff Performance Contract or an Executive Contract.
- Reportable Conduct PolicyThis Policy sets out the University's approach and commitment to managing appropriate responses to reportable allegations made against staff and others engaged by the University recently introduced under the Children Legislation Amendment (Reportable Conduct) Act 2017.
- Research Animal Ethics ProcedureThis procedure ensures that La Trobe staff conform to the Code, legislative requirements and current best practice.
- Research Authorship and Outputs PolicyThis policy and procedure states the requirements for the attribution and management of research authorship to outputs.
- Research Biosafety and Biosecurity ProcedureThis procedure informs staff, students, visitors and contractors of their responsibilities with respect to biosafety and biosecurity arising from their teaching, research and teaching activities.
- Research Centres PolicyThis policy and procedure regulates the establishment, management, reporting, review and disestablishment of La Trobe University research Centres in line with the Research Centres Strategic Framework and principles.
- Research Clinical Trials PolicyThis Policy provides a framework to ensure the highest standards of clinical practice, ethics, safety in the governance of clinical trials.
- Research Contracts and Grants PolicyThis policy and procedure determines the framework within which staff members can apply for research grants or develop research contracts and includes the development of research funding applications, research contracts and the administration and acquittal of funded research projects.
- Research Data Management PolicyThis policy and procedure sets out the requirements for La Trobe University researchers to manage their research data and primary materials in accordance with University policy, and legal, statutory, ethical and funding bodies requirements.
- Research Governance PolicyThis Policy outlines the framework for research governance at La Trobe.
- Research Human Ethics ProcedureThis procedure ensures that human research conducted by La Trobe staff and students conforms to the National Statement, other related legislative requirements and current best practice.
- Research Integrity - Higher Degree Student Research Misconduct ProcedureThis procedure outlines University's process for dealing with any suspected breaches of research integrity by a higher degree student undertaking research.
- Research Integrity PolicyThis policy determines the framework for the responsible conduct of research and the regulatory environment for La Trobe University and its staff and students who engage in research.
- Research Misconduct ProcedureThis procedure outlines the University's process for addressing allegations of research misconduct.
- Research Peer Review ProcedureThis policy and procedure outlines the responsibilities of researchers in the peer review process that are consistent with the Standards of the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research 2007) and the Singapore Statement (2010).
- Review and Re-mark of Students Academic Work PolicyThis policy and procedure entitles students to question their results formally within a set period of time.
- Risk Management PolicyThis policy and procedure establishes the framework, language, roles and responsibilities for managing risk within La Trobe University.