View Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies and procedures La Trobe Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The La Trobe Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches.
- Health and Safety - Injury Management PolicyThis policy and procedure details occupational rehabilitation for injured employees to enable an early, safe and sustainable return to work.
- Health and Safety PolicyThis policy outlines to all staff, students and visitors to the University's commitment to providing and maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Chemical SafetyThis procedure is a guide to the chemical management life cycle from procurement, handling, use and storage through to end of life disposal.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Confined SpacesThis procedure deals with work undertaken in confined spaces and differing contexts in line with regulatory requirements.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Consultation and CommunicationThis procedure provides guidance on meeting the requirements of the OHS Act and Regulations, Collective Agreement which require employers to consult with employees and Health and Safety Representatives on health and safety matters.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Emergency Control OrganisationThis Procedure provides an Emergency Control Organisation to support campus emergency response plans and establish clear areas of responsibility for the control and organisation of emergency response.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Fieldwork SafetyThis procedure deals with University fieldwork planning and the consideration of possible hazards and risks that can occur and ensuring that these are adequately addressed.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Governance and LeadershipThis Procedure provides an overview of our leadership and decision making for Health & Safety.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Hazard and Incident ReportingThis Procedure focuses on reporting hazards and incidents across the University and creates clear responsibilities, accountabilities and timeframes.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and ControlThis Procedure clarifies the steps of hazard management.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Incident InvestigationThis Procedure addresses our incident investigation process and aligns with current lead practice.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Induction and TrainingThis Procedure describes how the University inducts staff, students and contractors to meet the requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Inspections, Assessment and ReviewThis Procedure outlines the types of inspections, assessments and periodic reviews that will occur across the University for managing Health and Safety.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Ionising RadiationThe procedure outlines the requirements to manage the sources of ionising radiation through its lifecycle.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Laboratory (Research) SafetyThis procedure outlines a risk management approach in planning and executing research work undertaken in laboratory facilities.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Laboratory (Teaching) SafetyThis Procedure addresses the hazards and possible heightened risk associated with teaching activities, particularly in undergraduate teaching and learning laboratory facilities. This Procedure also outlines a risk management approach in planning and executing laboratory work with the intent of ensuring common standards and practices, including suitable personal protective equipment and adequate levels of oversight.
- Health and Safety Procedure - OHS ContractorThis procedure highlights the issues involved for all staff engaging contractors to undertake Infrastructure and Operations work in the University.
- Health and Safety Procedure - Safe DrivingThis Procedures specifies the requirements to ensure that drivers on University Business are adequately experienced, plan their journeys, are aware of road hazards, and drive only when in a fit condition.
- Health and Wellbeing PolicyThis policy outlines the University's commitment in creating a workplace environment where the health and wellbeing of employees is highly valued and to prevent injury and illness through a culture of health promotion, injury prevention and early intervention.
- Health and Wellbeing Procedure - Service and Assistance AnimalsThis Procedure sets out the University requirements to ensure obligations are met for the operation of service and assistance animals, whilst simultaneously managing the health, safety and wellbeing of all University stakeholders.
- Health and Wellbeing Procedure - Smoke FreeThis procedure recognises the harm caused by smoking and outlines the University's commitment to preserving the health and safety of its staff, students and visitors from first and second hand smoke.
- Higher Doctorate PolicyThis policy describes the procedures for admission, examination and award of a higher doctorate.
- Higher Duties PolicyThe objective of this policy and procedure is to recognise the extra responsibility taken on by a staff member who acts in a position that is classified at a higher level than their substantive position in a temporary or short term basis.
- Higher Education in VCE Studies (HEVS) PolicyThis policy and procedure detail the steps for Colleges and Schools wishing to make subjects available to secondary school students as Advanced Standing or Extension Studies.
- Honorary Appointments PolicyThis policy provides for the types of appointments and working relationships that can exist within the University’s academic, research and teaching framework and outlines their entitlements, rights, obligations and restrictions on those appointments and working relationships.
- Honorary Degree PolicyThis policy and procedure ensures the coordinated management of all processes relating to the identification, application, notification and awarding of Honorary Degrees at La Trobe University.